Micromax’s Yu has already rocked Indian budget smartphone market with its Yureka, and now many users are looking to unlock bootloader and install CWM recovery on this device. The simple reason behind this is that Yureka users love to customize their phones. But before you do, make sure to backup all your data because bootloader erases it all.
USB Debugging: Before you do anything, make sure to enable USB debugging on your Yu Yureka. Go to Phone “Settings” where you find the option of “About phone”. Under that, find the label Build Number. Tap on that 7 times and a message will appear saying that, you are now a developer.
Now, go back to settings and open Developer options and enable Android Debugging. Also, enable Advances Reboot option.
- Download ADB Fastboot Zip File and extract all of its content on your PC.
- Connect your device to the PC and with USB cable. When it happens, LED notification on your device will turn Red
- Now, press the volume up button and you will see fastboot screen.
- When fastboot screen appears, just open the command prompt windows on the ADB fastboot folder that you downloaded on your PC. Press Shift and right click on the empty space and select Open command prompt window here.
- Type the following command in prompt window : fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
Your bootloader is unlocked now. In order to move further and unlock CWM, proceed to the following steps;
- Download the CWM recovery file and save it in ADB Folder.
- In the command window, put the following command: fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img and press enter.
- Simply press volume up, volume down and power button to access CWM mode.
That’s all, you have successfully installed bootloader, and installed CWM recovery in your Yu Yureka.