Subway Surfers is an exciting endless running game developed by co-developers, ‘Kiloo’, a private company based out of Aarhus, Denmark, and SYBO Games, which is also another Denmark based company based out of Copenhagen. This game is now available for playing on all mobile based platforms.
The basic premise of the game is that your character is a young graffiti artist who, upon being sighted by a cop, in the act of tagging graffiti to a railway carriage, has to run to avoid being caught in the act. The graffiti artist is controllable by you using the smart phone’s accelerometers. As your character runs through the subway system, he/she has to avoid the obstacles and collect as many coins as possible.
The game had released way back in May 2012, but since then the game has only notched up even higher levels of popularity with over 12 million user reviews available on Google’s Play Store. The developers have also come out with an exciting new feature in the game, called, ‘World Tour’, whereby the game’s action takes place in a different location every month. A random world city is chosen for your character’s running exploits. Although, personally speaking, I’d vouch for the high quality optimized HD level graphics which this game renders on high-end phones.
However, this addictive game is available only for mobile based platforms and there hasn’t been a PC friendly version yet. However, through the use of Android emulators, one may download, install and play this game even on their PCs.
Now let us get on with our installation guide on how to download, install and play Subway Surfers Android game right on your Windows PC. You may use this installation guide to install this game on the following operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8.
1. Since this game is quick motion based endless running game with lots of graphics involved, you will have to first ensure that your PC has at least 2 GB of main memory. Also, as an additional precaution, upgrade the graphics drivers in your PC, to their latest versions.
2. ‘BlueStacks’ is one among the many softwares that are currently available, which run mobile based apps. Hence before we can proceed towards the installation of ‘Subway Surfer’, you will first be required to install an emulator such as ‘BlueStacks. Go to www.bluestacks.com and download and install it quickly on your PC because this software is available for free.
3. BlueStacks is essentially an Android Emulator. This software provides the platform to enable download and installation of Android store based apps on your PC by emulating the mobile based environment that exists in a mobile hardware setup.
4. Download BlueStacks from the URL given at point 3. Once BlueStacks has been downloaded, you have to open the executable file and run the installation. To successfully complete the installation, you must follow the on-screen instructions which by themselves are pretty easy to follow. It wouldn’t take more than a few minutes to complete the installation.
5. You may now interact with BlueStacks’ user interface (UI) which looks similar to that which is available on an Android device. From the UI, locate and launch the Google Play Store app.
6. From the Google Play store app, search for ‘Subway Surfers’ app. Click on the install button to automatically install the app.
7. However, before you can start playing the game, make sure that you are ready with your Google ID credentials because the Play Store will ask you to login using those details before installation can begin.
8. Once the installation is complete, you are now free to start the game and commence playing it.
If you come across any issues during installation, do not forget to talk about it in our comments section, so that we could then improve our guide even more.