Apple Inc. released the next update iOS 8.0.2 on Thursday evening owing to the innumerable reports of issues with the first upgrade on iOS 8. iOS 8.0.1 did not have a long stay as the upgrade caused a lot of trouble for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. According to the reports, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users who had downloaded the update reported of some inconveniences on their devices. Apple released iOS 8.0.2 to fix the bug causing the trouble and some other updates as well.
Apple had released iOS 8.0.1 on Wednesday and had to pull out of it within 60 minutes of the roll out. According to the reports, after upgrading to 8.0.1 the devices started featuring disrupted network connections and trouble with the Touch ID fingerprint scanning for the latest iPhone devices. Apple spokesperson told that approximately around 40,000 devices were affected by the bug that was rolled out with the update.
Key features of iOS 8.0.2
- Fixes the issue with iOS 8.0.1 which resulted in disrupted network connections and Touch ID issues.
- Fixes for issues related to the third party keyboards.
- Fixes for the bug allowing HealthKit apps to be downloaded from the App Store.
- Fixes for the bug preventing upload and download of pictures from Safari.
- Fixes for other issues like reachability feature on the new devices, In App purchases, Accessing photo from the Photo Library, etc..
Apple has not had a smooth run since the launch of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Although, the devices have had a better sales figure, the fiasco over bending iPhone 6 and now with iOS 8.0.1, Apple Inc. should be concerned.