1. Introducing readers to our Terms of Service
ATTENTION: IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CAREFULLY READ ALL THE SECTONS OF OUR TERMS OF SERVICES PAGE IN CASE YOU INTEND TO CONTINUE VISITING OUR WEBSITE. IT IS NOT OUR DUTY TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTOOD OUR TERMS OF SERVICE; WE WILL ASSUME YOU HAVE AGREED TO THEM WHEN YOU DECIDED TO REMAIN ON OUR WEBSITE. THERE MAY BE MODIFICATIONS ON OUR TERMS OF SERVICE PAGE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. IT IS YOUR DUTY, AS A READER OF THE NEXT DIGIT TO VERIFY THE RESPECTIVE CONTENT AND TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE DIFFERENCES. IF, BY ANY REASONS, YOU DISAGREE WITH THE PROVISINS OF OUR TERMS OF SERVICE, WE ADVISE YOU TO LEAVE OUR WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
2. Our vision on Intellectual Property
Our definition of intellectual property is in keeping with Copyright laws of the state of California, United States. Based on this laws, we consider that the “website content” and all its constitutive elements (images, videos, texts, illustrations, URLs, graphics, information, sounds, music and photos) belong to us, our licensors and both.
All the trademarked content, as specified by the laws of the intellectual rights in the United States, as well as all the elements presenting our mark belong to us, our licensors and both. You do not have the right to use, copy and/or acquire titles, rights and interests from our Website and our Website Content if they do not observe the guidelines on our Terms of Service page. Intellectual Property right that have not been specified in our Terms of Service will be separately expressed.
3. Ways You Can Use our Website
Readers and users are completely free to:
- Enter all our website pages and agree with our Terms of Service
- Suggest new subjects and start new discussions by filling our Contact Us page, as well as our comment sections.
- Complain about provisions of our Terms of Service page, our services and/or our subscribers’ behavior by using the Contact Us form or the comment boxes on our Website pages. OUR WESITE WILL NOT CONSIDER COMPLAINTS THAT ARE NOT JUSTIFIED BY SOLID GROUNDS.
Users are not allowed to:
- Alter, modify, distort or remove the content on our website and the proprietary rights, copyrights and trademarks that come with them.
- Destroying, altering, modifying or distorting security features on our website and our website pages.
- Use and re-use the personal date on our Website, such as, for instance our names, passwords, emails, etc.
- Carry out promotion campaigns for products and services or inviting our visitors to make use of the respective products and services without our website administrator’s prior approval.
- Copy the structure of our website and/or use special software to implement the structure of our website on other online platforms.
- Verbally abuse, discriminate and/or threaten our Website and our Website content. Users, who do not agree with our Terms of Service will not have access to Membership and they can receive reports any time.
- Encourage inappropriate behavior and activities that are against the federal laws.
4. Steps to user registration
Users will receive membership only is they submit their registration forms for an online account. The minimum age limit for users who want to gain access to our website services and Membership is 13 years old. Our website will not consider registration forms and requests coming from users, who are less than 13 years old.
We will need your accurate personal information in order to grant you access to one of our online accounts. This information is usually, but not exclusively linked to your name, your postal and email addresses and your telephone numbers. Our website administrators can only get this type of information from you if you fill our website forms and agree to provide us your personal details.
5. About our Website Content and our Third Party Links
Our website has an educational, informational, promotional and entertainment profile and it cannot be used for other purposes, both by our users and our website administrators. Readers are not allowed to use our website and its content with other intentions besides the ones we have previously mentioned. The Next Digit, our partners and website administrators do not consider ourselves responsible for whatever damages or prejudices users may experience after the improper use of our Website and its content.
Our website pages may also contain third-party materials. You can recognize third-party materials either with the help of the links they contain, or through the opinionated articles and the editorials they suggest. We, our website administrators and our partners/affiliates do not consider ourselves responsible for the accuracy, the truthfulness and the reliability of the third-party materials, of the opinions, guidelines and suggestions they contain.
WE, THE NEXT DIGIT TEAM WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT THE USE OF THE CURRENT WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONSIDER OUR WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WHICH MEANS WE WILL NOT GRANT YOU ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPLICIT OR IMPLICIT. WE CANNOT LIMIT AND HAVE NO INTENTION TO LIMIT THE FOREGOING AND THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAWS, SCRIPPS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, PARETNS, SUCCESSORS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES RELATED TO: 1) WEBSITE REQUIREMENTS 2) AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY USEFULLNESS, TIMELINESS, INFORMATIONAL WARRANTIES FOR OUR WEBSITE AND OUR WEBSITE CONTENT; 3) TITLE WARRANTIES, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS WARRANTIES; 4) SERVICES WARRANTIES; 5) SECURITY WARRANTIES FOR OUR WEBSITE AND 7) ANTI-SOFTWARE ERROR WARRANTIES, WHICH WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CORRECTED IF THEY SHOULD APPEAR.
7. Limitation and Liability
- SCRIPPS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIERS HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO FREE THEMSELVES OF ANY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE INCIDENTAL, OCCASIONAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE AND ITS TERMS OF SERVICE. USERS, WHO HAVE SUFFERED SUCH DAMAGES ARE ADIVISED TO STOP USING OUR WEBSITE. THE SAME ADVICE IS VALID FOR DAMAGES THAT USERS SUFFER FROM OUR SERVICES AND OUR PRODUCTS WHICH MAY BE ADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITE OR OUR WEBSITE CONTENT. WE RECOMMEND YOU TO LEAVE OUR WEBSITE IF YOU FEEL OUR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS AND THIRD-PARTY AFFILIATES CAN CAUSE YOU ANY DAMAGES OR PRIVILEGES.
- Our website administrators take their liberty to suspend and terminate all Membership accounts, to block access to our Website, our Website content and our Website services for all users, who do not observe the provisions of our Terms of Service, be it intentionally or unintentionally.
- If we choose to suspend or terminate a Membership account, this does not mean that we also terminate the legal obligations resulting from the use of our Website and our Website services, according to our Terms of Service page. The provisions, regulations and conditions specified in the current Terms of Service page will not be altered, modified or limited by termination and/or suspension of a Membership account.
9. Choice of Law; Jurisdiction and Venue
The current Terms of Service and their provisions have been elaborated taking into consideration the laws on the territory of the United States and other legal problems that have resulted from the use of our Website, our Website Content and our Terms of Service. Any legal actions filed for any of the aforementioned situations have to be solve by legal authorities within the territory of the United States. Members, who do not reside on the territory of the United States have to pay attention to the provisions of our Terms of Service because our conditions may not correspond with the legal provisions in their native and/or residential countries.
10. Dispute Resolution
Disputes occurring between website administrators and members of our community have to be first amicably solved. Our website administrators can be contacted by email or on our Contact Us page for the resolution of such disputes regarding our Terms of Service. Our website administrators will contact users on the email addresses they have provided to us in the past.
Arbitration rules are taken into consideration when solving disputes, as they have been specified by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The arbitration is established between our website, our website administrators and partners and the arbitrators, which means third-parties are not allowed to take part in the process. In case amicable resolutions are not possible, disputes can be solved at legal courts and the lawsuit will be coordinated by a judge or legal commission.
11. AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
The current Terms of Service may suffer modifications and alterations at any time we want to for reasons that concern us. Consequently, the rights and obligations ensuing from these Terms of Service will suffer modifications, too. We, our website administrators, and partners should not be held responsible for unannounced modifications on our Terms of Service page because it is not our obligation to notify users. It is our readers’ obligation to verify and review the content on our Terms of Service page, as well as our Website content to find possible changes and modifications.
The current Terms of Service must be regarded as an agreement between parties on the matter hereof and it will supersede all other previous agreements in relation to this subject, be they written or oral. Some provisions in our Terms of Service page may not be valid; this does not affect the validity of other provisions, which will remain in full force and effect.
The present Terms of Service cannot be assigned or delegated to other parties, on their own or together with ensuing rights and obligations, as a whole or as a part, if they did not get the prior consent to do this. Readers, who do not observe this requirement of a prior written consent will be sanctioned and their deviations from the norm will be labeled null and void. We, The Next Digit, as well as the website administrators have the right to assign the current Terms of Service, its rights and obligations without asking the prior permission to do so.