There has been a long grown strife to modify Tablets. The modification hat majority of Tablet manufacturers have worked for is to place it in a position where they can be easily termed as alternatives to Laptops. The truth is that in literally all the cases, Tablets have failed to do so. Tablets have their own beneficiary features but certainly never stood a chance against Laptops. People might just like to think about is again in a few more months when Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 actually penetrates the market completely.
The previous two versions by Microsoft, namely Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 failed in achieving the purpose. But things might just be difficult in case of Surface Pro 3. According to the specifications that are on show, it will surely be easy to state that Surface Pro 3 is better that the previous ones. But does Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 really has the quality top find its place as one of the best in its class? Let us take a look at the few specs that might just give Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 an edge.
1. Larger Screen and a better Screen: This is where any tablet gets the first strike out when being compared with Laptops. Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 will be coming with a 12 inch screen and an astounding 2160 x 1440 pixel screen. With such high end resolution of offer, it is quite a possibility that quality of display on show may very well be better than some laptops with normal specs.
2. Extremely Powerful Processors: According to the reports, Surface Pro 3 is scheduled to be launched with Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processors. Thus, the price of Surface Pro 3 will surely be depending upon the processor that it supports. With the introduction of such powerful processors into a tablet, Microsoft has actually made a statement with a conclusion that even Tablets can be faster that your PC or Laptop.
3. A better Kickstand: Many people might say that one of the main reasons for the failure of the previous versions of Surface Pro were the kickstands that they had. With Surface Pro 2, working became quite uncomfortable as it could be placed only in one location with 2 available options. With Surface Pro 3, you can easily adjust the position of the screen according to your needs.
4. A light Weight: We are here talking of a tablet that is better that most in its class. One of the main reasons for Surface Pro 3 being better is the light weight that it carries. Surface Pro 2 was bulkier than most of the Tablets in its generation. But Surface Pro 3 has a complete redefined look. It is just 0.3 inches in thickness and has a weight of less than 2 pounds.
5. The Surface Pen: You might think that how a pen can actually make Surface Pro 3 better. I will say that this Pen is probably one of the key features that add feathers to the crown of Surface Pro 3. The Surface Pen can correlate with around 256 distinct pressures on the screen. Well, for me this proves two things, the pen is just not for taking notes. It also has extra features. The fact that the Surface Pen can relate with 256 distinct pressure points on the surface, also proves the quality and the sensitivity that Surface Pro 3 brings with it!
6. A better Battery: This is yet another point where Surface Pro 3 makes a real rise in heights. Surface Pro 2 had a battery limit of approximately 4 hours. But in case of Surface Pro 3, the announced runtime is 9 hours. This might be variable depending on the quality of work done but still it has improved a lot. In spite of the big step ahead, Surface Pro 3 is behind MacBook Air in this case.
7. More range of apps: Microsoft has surely put in quite a lot of work into the kind and number of applications that will be available for Surface Pro 3. The apps like Adobe Photoshop have been modified with respect to the screen quality and the surface pen. As the device comes with the full desktop version of Windows 8.1 operating system, you don’t nee to worry about compatibility of your desktop apps. Obviously, you can use the device as a full-fledged computer, when you use with a Type Cover accessory.
Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 can easily be termed as one of the best in the class of similar kinds of Tablets. Surface Pro 3 has just been launched yesterday. According to experts, Surface Pro 3 might fall short in certain areas with MacBook Air but Surface Pro 3 is surely the one to run for.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 specifications:
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is a 12-inch giant tablet with an advanced digital pen that has been integrated deeply with the device as well as its software – full version of Windows 8.1 with all productivity app support. Microsoft touted the 0.36-inch tablet as thinnest device with Intel Core processors ever and impressively, it weighs only 1.76 pounds.
As we reported earlier, the Surface Pro 3 tablet comes in a variety of configuration options for end users, while the basic and important ports such as USB 3.0, Mini Display Port and micro SD card reader, has been integrated into the thinnest frame. Configuration starts from Intel i3 processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB SSD drive up to Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD drive. First one costs $799, while the latter one comes at $1949. The 12-inch Full HD display boasts a 2160 x 1440 high-resolution screen with 3:2 aspect ration, unlike Surface 2′s 16:9 aspect ratio.
Many researchers and analysts are already praised the tablet, we have to wait to see the sales figures and people’s interest on buying this gadget. By having a good user-base of business customers, Microsoft has taken a right decision by directing the tablet towards the enterprise market. Surface 3 tablets could give Microsoft a big boost, if the software giant doesn’t make any mistakes during the releasing period.