Denying the recent report from Japanese newspapers, game and gaming device-maker Nintendo said that the company will not develop the games for smartphone and tablets despite the falling profits, which is 30 percent down from April last year.
On Tuesday, a Japanese newspaper, Nikkei reported that the Nintendo is developing and planning to release its popular games to smartphones and tablets on android and iOS platforms by the end of this year to reverse its fortunes. But, the company’s spokesperson has said that it’s not planning to release games, instead it will user mobile devices to promote its existing and upcoming products.
Unsurprisingly, the company put responsibility of the poor performance to its executive’ and will be cutting their salaries for next five months. Satoru Iwata, Nintendo’s president has said that he will be taking a 50 percent of pay cut, where the Mario game’s developer and game designer, Shigeru Miyamoto will be taking a 30 percent pay cut.
The company is in huge loss as its Wii U gaming console faded in front of Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One. The growth of smart devices along with the gaming apps on those smartphones and tablets affected the sales of its legendary games and consoles.