Still one more day of shopping spree is pending, Walmart has already announced that it had record-breaking sales so far in Black Friday 2013 season, as the shoppers in U.S. are ramping up on to buy consumer electronics such as TVs, laptops, iPad mini, Sony PS4 and Xbox One.
Walmart released a press release already with some interesting numbers of its Thanksgiving Day sales, but it hasn’t provided the detailed numbers of gadgets. However it managed to provide these numbers and details:
- From 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., the company has processed more than 10 million register transactions in its stores.
- Their online store, Walmart.com processed nearly 400 million page views on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday) and those views included the views from mobiles and tablets.
- The top gadgets sellers of Thursday and their numbers – 2 million televisions and 1.4 million tablets.
- Most awaited game of the year, Call of Duty: Ghosts were in the top sellers list.
- Hand-held video games and SLR digital cameras were the other top sellers in stores.
According to the data from IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark, total online sales of Thanksgiving day 2013 are up 9.8-percent than that of previous year with the $127.59 of average order per consumer. This could be because of the closing of the brick and mortar stores on the specific day. New York was in number 1 position on online sales following Atlanta, Chicago, LA and Washington D.C.