Here is the good news for the Samsung Galaxy S5 UK users, from now they can easily update their device with official Android 5.0 Lollipop update, if not done so far. The new rollout, in mid-January, came with lots of features and improvements too. An OTA update is available in the Samsung KIES, and the user will directly get the notification for the Official update for your device.
If you’re in the UK and you didn’t get any update for your mobile device, this post might be a solid choice for you. Here, I shared the way to manually install Android Lollipop 5.0 update on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F.
Please note that, I and TheNextDigit team are not entirely responsible for bricked devices, and also for any mistakes that made by you during the process. Make sure, you read all instruction and proceed exactly at your own risk.
This follow up is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F [UK] model only, do not try this in any other Android devices. If you’re doing so, it may make your device a bricked one.
Step 1: Before processing the process, make sure that you have taken all backups of your device such as Android Applications, Call Logs, and Bookmarks and so on. This is one of the major steps that you need to take care of, while updating your device.
Step 2: You need to install Samsung Galaxy Drivers for installing Lollipop update on your device, you can read: Download and install Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge USB drivers. Without a proper USB driver, you cannot connect your device to your personal computer.
Step 3: Enable USB Debugging Mode before you start the process, without USB Debugging mode, you cannot even start the root, or unlock process.
Step 4: Make sure, that your device has full charge or more than 80% of battery level.
The above all mentioned are vital steps to perform the process, and here is the step-by-step for manually updating
Lollipop 5.0 update in Samsung Galaxy S5 UK.
- Download Android Lollipop 5.0 KTU1BNL2 from the following link, and extract it oin your personal computer.
- Now, Download ODIN v3.09 from the link, and install it your personal computer.
- Boot the device in download mode by pressing “Volume Down” and “Home” button together along with the power button. You can able to see an Android robot and a triangle, again press “Power” button to enter into download mode.
- Connect your device to PC, and run ODIN in that.
- Select the files, which are downloaded in Step 1, and You need to choose proper files in the ODIN in a proper way.
- Select files with .tar.md5 extension to AP button
- Select files with CSC in its name to CSC button
- Select files with PIT as name to PIT button
- Select files with MODEM as name to CP button
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes in the Odin. Refer image given below and select option as given in the image.
- Check for all the setting once again before you proceed, once you have checked that all settings has been done properly, hit the Start button present in the ODIN application.
- The process will take a few minutes to complete, once the process has been done, you will get a PASS message with green background.
That’s all; now your device has been upgraded to Android Lollipop 5.0.