Euphoria OS, an unofficial build of Android 5.1.1 OS has been released for Sony Xperiz Z smartphones. Though the ROM is in the beta stage, it’s a stable version that has been tested by an XDA senior member, Rohan Purohit.
Things to Note:
Before the installation, create a backup of phone data, using Clockwork Mod or any custom recovery. Enable USB debugging, and connect it to the PC, to use Android debugging SDK. Go to Settings > About Phone, and tap on Build Number several times, until a message pops up ‘You are now a Developer.’ Navigate to Settings > Developer options to enable USB Debugging.
The phone should have the latest recovery mode installed, an unlocked bootloader, and at least 80 percent battery charge. The Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Euphoria OS works only on Xperia Z2, and installing it on any other device is not recommended. The Euphoria OS is under development, and it might bring bugs.
Download Required files:
Google Apps (Gapps)
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 based Euphoria OS on Xperia Z:
1. Connect Xperia Z smartphone via USB to the PC. Copy the downloaded files to the root folder on the SD card, and turn off the device.
2. Enter recovery mode on the phone by pressing the volume buttons and power buttons simultaneously. In the recovery mode, perform full data wipe by tapping ‘wipe data/factory reset.’ (use volume buttons to navigate and power buttons to select)
3. Perform a cache wipe by tapping ‘wipe cache partition‘, and then perform wipe dalvik cache by tapping ‘wipe dalvik cache.’ (this optional step prevents any loop issues or installation errors)
4. Return to main recovery menu, select ‘install zip from sdcard‘ and choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the location of the Euphoria OS ROM, and start the installation. Repeat the step for Gapps.
5. After installation, return to recovery menu by selecting ‘+++++Go Back+++++, ‘ and tap ‘reboot system now.’ The device might take a few minutes to start during the first time, to complete the booting process.
Know more about the changes added in Euphoria OS, here.
[ Via ]