We have another awesome combat strategy game to discuss today and also discuss as to how you can play it right on your Personal Computer (PC), even though it is a mobile game. Boom beach is a Freemium model based game that has been developed by Supercell, the same company that has also developed the two other hugely popular games, ‘Hay Day‘ and ‘Clash of Clans‘.
Boom Beach is a combat strategy game that combines attacking play against both, other live players as well as computer generated AI, which makes the game play even more exciting and novel. The basic premise of the game is centered on a tropical archipelago where you have to build defensive bases, train troops and attack other players.
Boom Beach has more than half a million reviews on Google’s Play Store which is a testimony to the game’s popularity. However, the game still eludes PC users as a PC friendly version has not yet hit the market. Regardless, with the installation guide that follows this, you will be able to download, install and enjoy this exciting game right on your PC. The following installation guide will enable you to enjoy the game on Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8. But before you proceed to install the game on your PC, you might be interested in knowing the various features of this game, to help you decide if you should go for it or not.
Features of Boom Beach
1. Boom Beach is a free to download game. However, since it is based on the Freemium model, there are certain in game purchases that one can make while playing the game.
2. In the game, players, in order to succeed, are essentially expected to build their base, upgrade their defenses and other buildings that they can construct. The focus must also be on unlocking various troop upgrades to strengthen the quality and strength of one’s troop army.
3. The main boss in the game is known as the “Blackguard” which is often represented by Lt. Hammerman.
4. The game can be played in both single player as well as a multiplayer mode. It has already reached the top 10 game distinction in around 22 countries after its launch.
5. Since co-operative (co-op) play has become a trending feature of most games these days, this feature is also a part of this game. In the cooperative mode, one may create a combined task force and multiple players can be part of it. The collective group objectives involve gathering intel and attacking bases.
Now let us move onto the process of enjoying this game on a PC, as this game is not available for desktop versions and is currently playable only on mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
1. Boom Beach works on an open world map platform and may consume a lot of graphics resources and therefore you must first ensure that your personal computer has a minimum of 2 GB RAM and that the video graphics softwares are upgraded to their latest versions.
2. Since an Android emulator is required to install and play this game, to begin installing Boom Beach on your PC, first you will be required to install ‘BlueStacks’ on your PC. This software is available for free and can be downloaded from www.bluestacks.com. BlueStacks is essentially an Android Emulator. This software provides the platform to enable download and installation of Android store based apps on your PC. What it does is, it creates a virtual mobile hardware ambience which fools the apps to think they are being loaded onto a mobile device.
3. The next thing to do is that the downloaded file of BlueStacks has to be installed. To successfully complete the installation, you must follow the on-screen instructions which by themselves are pretty easy to follow. It won’t take more than a few minutes for the software to install.
4. Open BlueStacks interface which will resemble a virtual environment similar to that of a mobile based Android OS.
5. Once the BlueStacks interface is open, you will have to search for the ‘Boom Beach’ app installer using the search button. Type ‘Boom Beach’ in the search box.
6. Click on the install button which will start off an automatic installation process. However, make sure that you are ready with your Google ID credentials because the Play Store will ask you to login using those details before installation can begin.
7. Enjoy the game.
Please do type in our comments box, about any issues that you faced during installation of this product.