Who does not know this hugely popular and highly addictive game? Candy Crush Saga (Candy Crush Soda Saga as well) has reached an almost cult-like status now; that even news about it regularly gets published in such major publications as ‘The Guardian’ and the ‘BBC’. Candy Crush Saga, which is a variation of the original browser based game, ‘Candy Crush’, was first released by the game developers, ‘King Digital’. The game was released on April 12, 2012 and reached a record breaking 97 million daily active users towards the end of 2013. These numbers are higher than the numbers for some messaging apps, and only indicate how widely this game is played.
In January of last year, ‘Candy Crush Saga’ was reported as the most popular game app on the planet by the website, ‘metro.co.uk.’ The website also described the game as ‘fiendishly’ addictive. I am sure with over 9 million positive user reviews, most of us will agree with that description. The game has approximately about 400 exciting levels, each of which are unique on their own. These unique levels are further categorized into various chapters. You will get to meet characters such as, ‘Tiffi and Toffee’ who will take you on an adventure through the Candy Kingdom. Also, you get to play alongside an owl named Odus, once you unlock level 50. The best aspect of the game is undoubtedly the super delicious graphics that can make you salivate when you see so many shiny glossy candies on your screen.
You will love this game if you play it, although you won’t be able to enjoy it on your personal computer (PC), as this game is available only for mobile based platforms. But, in this post, we shall discuss the steps which you can follow to play this game using an android based emulator. We have discussed in other posts how you can install mobile based games on your PC using Bluestacks. But in this guide, we will discuss how you can enjoy this game on PC without using Bluestacks. The following is a guide that can be used to install this game on Windows XP/Vista/7 and 8.
One more easy method to play this game is by going to Facebook and search for the Candy Crush Saga game in the web browser itself.
1. Candy Crush is a graphics intensive game. Additionally the android emulator required to run this game on the PC will also require a lot of graphics to run the emulator. Hence, it becomes imperative that you upgrade your video graphics drivers to their latest versions.
2. Make sure that your PC is connected to the internet.
3. Andy is essentially an Android Emulator. This software creates a virtual arena for mobile platform based apps to function without crashing. Hence it is very essential for you to first download this software before attempting installation of Candy Crush Saga.
4. To install, you will have to go to http://www.andyroid.net/ and download and install it on your PC.
5. Run the installation after clicking the executable file saved on your hard-disk, once the download is completed. To successfully complete the installation, you must follow the on-screen instructions which by themselves are pretty easy to follow. The entire installation process will get over in a few minutes and won’t take any longer.
6. After the software has been launched, you are now ready to install the software and start using it. The Andy software will appear just like how android appears on a smart phone device or tablet. Once inside the software’s User Interface (UI), you have to locate the app, ‘Candy Crush Saga’.
7. Once the Candy Crush Saga installer window is there visible on the search results, then open it to start installing the app. However, make sure that you are ready with your Google ID credentials because the Play Store will ask you to login using those details before installation can begin.
8. However, each time that you may wish to start Candy Crush Saga, you will be required to first open up the android emulator and then play Candy Crush Saga from the emulator’s interface. This is because the app cannot work without the emulator environment.
9. Start the game through the emulator and enjoy.
We hope you liked this game installation guide and in case you faced any issues during installation, do let us know about it in our comments box below.