Temple Run 2, another hugely popular and widely played game has a record billion plus downloads to its credit (along with the earlier version, Temple Run), thus perhaps making it one of the most downloaded game apps of all. The game is essentially endless and has no definite end; thus players can notch up scores as high as gazillions if they are able to dodge all the obstacles that come in the runner’s way.
Temple Run 2 was released in 2013 as a sequel to its earlier smash hit version. As compared to the previous game, there have been a lot of improvements in the graphics detail, in the world map used for running, and in the types of obstacles that a run shall face. Thus the new version has retained the look and feel of the previous version while drastically improving the gaming experience by incorporating several new elements.
Temple Run 2 has been developed and published by Imangi Studios, which is a Raleigh, NC based gaming company. The game’s producers, designers and programmers, all together in one, are the husband-wife duo of Keith Shepherd and Natalia Luckyanova.
The gameplay is pretty simple. Your character has to run through a maze, as you are being chased by a giant monkey called Cuchanck who pursues you and is ready to attack and kill you if you stumble at any of the obstacles in your course. While the initial edition had only four characters to play, they have been increased to ten characters in the new version, including the secret character of ‘Usain Bolt’.
Currently, the game is available for playing only on mobile based platforms. However because of android emulators available for download from the internet, playing mobile platform based games on your Personal Computer (PC) is now possible. You may use this guide to download, install and play Temple Run 2 on Windows 7 and 8 OS. We shall discuss the installation process in a step-by-step manner.
Steps to install and play, ‘Temple 2’ on your PC.
1. Temple Run 2 is another graphically intensive endless running game that can put quite a significant amount of demand on your PC’s video ram resources and that’s why your PC must have 2 GB of main memory. Also check if the video graphics drivers of your PC are upgraded to their latest versions that are available on the internet.
2. Make sure that your PC is connected to the internet.
3. To install this game on your PC, you will have to first download an android emulator to play the game. Andy is essentially an Android Emulator. This software provides the platform to enable download and installation of android store based apps on your PC. Hence it is very essential for you to first download this software before attempting installation of Temple Run 2.
4. To begin installing Temple Run 2 on your PC, first you will be required to install ‘Andy’ on your PC. Go to http://www.andyroid.net/ to download a free copy on your PC.
5. After the download is completed, you have to install it on your PC. Start the setup.exe file to open the installation wizard which will guide you with easy to follow on-screen instructions.
6. Once the above steps are complete, then launch the software’s browser window that will emulate the android User Interface (UI) on your PC. The Andy software will appear just like how android appears on a smart phone device or tablet.
7. Inside Andy’s UI, search and locate the Google Play store from where you have to search and type, ‘Temple Run 2.’ This search will then lead you to the Temple Run 2 installer window.
8. Click on the ‘install button’ which will start an automatic process that will install Temple Run 2 on your PC.
9. However, make sure that you remember your Google ID login details because you will be prompted to provide the same before the installation can initiate.
10. After the automatic installation is complete, you may now start playing Temple Run 2. However each time that you may wish to start Temple Run 2, you will be required to first open up the android emulator and then play Temple Run 2 from the emulator’s interface.
11. Enjoy the game.
Once again, we hope that you enjoyed our guide on how to install the game on your PC. Let us know of any issues that you might have faced during installation and we will take care of it by updating about the same on this guide.