Clash of Clans is a Massively Multiplayer Online Strategy Game (MMOSG) which has been developed and published by Supercell, which is a video game company based in Helsinki, Finland. Supercell is the same company that had come out with another hugely popular farming strategy game, ‘Hay Day’.
Even though the game has become very popular amongst users of smart phones, the game’s developers still have not released a PC friendly version and therefore people who find playing games on the PC more convenient than playing on smart phones are not able to enjoy this beautiful game. But relax, our installation guide here will handle this exact problem by detailing you the step-by-step processes of how you can download, install and enjoy this game on PC. But before we begin our installation guide, let us first discuss the features of this game.
Features of ‘Clash of Clans’.
1. Clash of Clans is a hugely popular game and a highly successful strategy games of all times, on a mobile device platform. It has more than a million reviews at Google Play Store that indicates that the actual number of players might be even higher.
2. In this game, which is a throwback to the earlier PC based games such as Age of Empires, players get to build a community, train troops and attack other players to earn gold and elixir. Players also need to build defenses to protect them against attacks from other players.
3. Another awesome feature about this game is that even though it is a massive multiplayer game, it provides a single-player campaign too, in which the individual player gets to attack a series of fortified goblin villages.
4. It is a simple game in its strategic maneuvers, and that is also one of the game’s strengths, as one can play it in a quick idle moment. Plus, the variety of battle units to build and choose, before attacking gives this game a greater depth and is also immensely rewarding to the player.
- Download & install WhatsApp on PC (Windows 7/8) using YouWave
- Download Hay Day for PC – Windows 7/8 Installation Guide
Now let us begin installing this game. With this installation guide, you will be able to download and play this game on PC with Windows 7 and 8 as its operating system.
Step 1: Make sure that the video graphics driver on your computer has been upgraded to the latest version available on the net. This is because the Android emulator which is required to be installed is a graphics intensive app and may require latest functionalities from your PC. Additionally, your PC must have 2 GB of main memory.
Step 2: Make sure that your PC is connected to the internet.
Step 3: To begin installing Clash of Clans on your PC, first you will be required to install ‘Andy’ on your PC. Go to Andyroid site and download and install it quickly on your PC because this software is available for free. Andy is essentially an Android Emulator. This software provides the platform to enable download and installation of android store based apps on your PC. Hence it is very essential for you to first download this software before attempting installation of Clash of Clans.
Step 4: Once Andy has been downloaded, you have to open the executable file and run the installation. To successfully complete the installation, you must follow the on-screen instructions which by themselves are pretty easy to follow. The software will be installed within minutes and can be made to run on both windows and mac computers.
Step 5: Once the above steps are complete, then launch the software’s browser window that will emulate the android User Interface (UI) on your PC. The Andy software will appear just like how android appears on a smart phone device or tablet. Then, using the Andy interface, locate and launch the Google Play Store.
Step 6: Once inside the Google Play store go to the search box, which is indicated by a ‘lens’ icon and type, ‘Clash of Clans.’ This search will then lead you to the Clash of Clans installer window.
Step 7: Once the Clash of Clans installer window is currently on the screen, click on the ‘install button’ which will start an automatic process that will install Clash of Clans on your PC. However, make sure that you are ready with your Google ID credentials because the Play Store will ask you to login using those details before installation can begin.
Step 8: After the automatic installation is complete, you may now start using the Clash of Clans. However, each time that you may wish to start the Clash of Clans, you will be required to first open up the Android emulator and then use the Clash of Clans from the emulator’s interface.
Step 9: Once the installation is complete, you are now free to start the game and commence playing it.
If you come across any issues during installation, do not forget to talk about it in our comments section, so that we could then improve our guide even more.