Welcome again to another exciting post. This time we will discuss about the installation process for BlueStacks. The world of android games is booming and has never been this exciting as it is now. There are tons and tons of exciting playable games with intricate graphics that can even beat some of the popular PC games of the past. The best part about android games is that they are inherently integrated with social platforms and therefore playing those games provides a more connected gaming experience for users.
However, a major issue is that such games have been developed only for mobile based platforms, majorly for android. Although many developers do try to develop games and apps for multiple platforms such as iOS, Windows and Symbian; however, those games and apps are still not available for use on a PC.
This shortcoming about android based apps and games is what we will overcome by talking about BlueStacks. Now, BlueStacks is essentially an Android Emulator. This software provides the platform to enable download and installation of android store based apps on your PC. Android Emulator Software work by creating a virtual hardware environment, which activates the codes written in a smart phone based hardware. Hence, it is very essential for you to first download this software before attempting installation of any mobile based app or game. In this post, we will discuss the installation process required for installing BlueStacks on your Personal Computer, but before we do that, let us first discuss some its features.
Features of BlueStacks Software
1. BlueStacks software, as discussed before, emulates smart phone like hardware which triggers execution of the Android OS platform. From BlueStacks’ Android User Interface (UI), you can then access popular mobile based apps. It can be downloaded and installed on Windows XP/Vista/7/8.
2. BlueStacks comes with popular apps embedded in it, such as WhatsApp, Facebook and many other widely used apps. A complete collection of all such apps will be available in the My Apps section of Bluestacks.
3. Also, BlueStacks supports both the mouse and the keyboard as input devices and therefore all apps and games can be accessed, used and played even by using your keyboard and mouse. If you possess a next generation touch screen based laptop, Bluestacks will allow you to interact with it even through a laptop’s touch screen.
4. However, BlueStacks suffers from one major drawback, which is that it has not yet incorporated a mechanism to allow users to access paid apps. It lacks payment routing and also a payment gateway that can allow users to enjoy the benefits of paid apps as well. This also means that one may be stunted from utilizing Freemium games because even though they are free to download, such games involve in-game purchases. In its current form, BlueStacks can be used only to access free apps.
1. In order to start enjoying some great apps and games, you need to first download BlueStacks. First, go to BlueStacks site and download it quickly on your PC because this software is available for free.
2. Once you have downloaded the installer file from the official website of BlueStacks, you can save it and store it in a backed up storage location, so that you may access it later as well. Use this .exe setup file to install BlueStacks in the offline mode whenever you want.
3. Once installed, use BlueStacks to access your favorite games and apps.
If you come across any issues during installation, do not forget to talk about it in our comments section, so that we could then improve our guide even more.