CynogenMod, the leading team of developers for custom ROMs has released a new Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M12 milestone series firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini 2013. Though CM11 M12 brings in extra features and increased battery performance, the ROM includes an important fix for POODLE vulnerability found in SSL (Secure Socket Layer) v3 protocol which is used by most Android internet users.
Before installing CM11 Custom ROM on Galaxy S4 mini
1. Installation of custom ROM makes the warranty void. Users must root their device and make sure their device is gully charged before starting the installation. USB drivers of Galaxy S4 must be installed and the custom ROMs can only be installed on GT-I9190 and GT-I9192 only. Check the device model: Settings -> About Phone -> model number
Tutorial for installation of Android 4.4.4 Kitkat CynogenMod C11 M12:
2. Copy the Custom ROM zip file into SD card memory. (Make sure the file is not copied in any other folder)
3. Turn off the device -> Disconnect from PC and enter Recovery Mode by pressing “Volume (Up)”, “Home” and “Power” buttons.
4. Clear Cache by selecting “wipe cache partition” -> return to ClockworkMod Recovery -> select ‘advanced’ -> then ‘wipe dalvik cache’. (though this step is not needed, it ensures a smooth Custom ROM installation.
5. Return to recovery screen -> select ‘install zip from SD card’ -> select ‘choose zip from SD card’.
6. Choose Android 4.4.4 ROM .zip file in SD card and start the installation process. Repeat the same steps for installing Google Apps.
7. After installation, navigate to ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and restart the device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ in the recovery menu.
Wait for a few minutes for completion of the boot process and check the installation of the Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M12 custom ROM by Settings -> About phone.