Known for extraordinary innovation and invention in the automobile sector, Tesla is back with a brand new model. Elon Musk, the man and chief executive who built Tesla Motors was all excited to launch it and tell the world that it is faster than Ferrari. Tesla Dual Motor Model S (rumored as Tesla Model D) is an electric and all-wheel drive car.
Elon introduced it as the best and most powerful car. The D in the name signifies dual, meaning that it has 2 motors that make it accelerate from 0 to 60 in just 3 seconds. The previous models were rear driven and this is the second car from Tesla, which is an all-wheel drive.
Another significant feature of Dual Motor Model S is the auto-pilot mode. It was rumored to be a self-driven model, but for now that is not the case. The launch unveiled a car that can sense mishaps before they happen. It can also park itself easily without a driver. It can read signs and perform functions like signaling (read warning) the driver, apply brakes when needed and most importantly, safeguard you from accidents. The intelligent autonomous system of the car can even change lanes and turn towards the direction you signal.
Striking new features are better battery as it can run 10 more miles than the previous models launched by Tesla. The launch has already increased the stocks of the company by 6 points. Excellent acceleration, front-facing camera, sonar to calculate road conditions and radar for location are all best features of Tesla Dual Motor Model S. The car is in mass production and will be out by December. The name is P85D and will cost around $90,000.
The sedan has luxury appeal and high-end technology crafted by Tesla. It is also made more aware of different climates and for an electric car it will outperform each in its class.
- Seat comfort improvements and taller headrests for whiplash protection
- Improvements for a quieter cabin
- Wider rear door opening
- Electrically opening, self-closing charge port door on Dual Motor Model S (delivered with Dual Motor Model S)
- Increased visor size and larger vanity mirror
- Parcel shelf and front trunk cargo net now standard
- Air ionizer and carbon filter for cabin air purity
- Updated steering column control module
- Updates to Alcantara interior trim, such as wrapped roof bow and top pad
[ Source ]