Many will argue that the Awards at T3 did not go to the justified winners, but the ones standing till the last do deserve the applause. This year’s T3 awards saw a strong competition between various gadgets and all of them did deserve the best prize. The star of the show was Sony’s PlayStation 4 as the gaming console won the ‘Gadget of the Year’ Award after competing with Xbox One and Apple’s iPhone 5s for the spot. More feathers were added to Sony as the original version of Sony Playstation was added to the T3 Hall of Fame.
HTC also came up with an award as HTC One M8 was awarded with the title of the ‘Best Smartphone Of The Year’ beating close competitors Samsung Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5s. Apple did not go empty handed from the ceremony as Apple’s Mac Pro was chosen for the ‘Design Innovation Award’. The other contenders for the award were Sony’s Project Morpheus for PlayStation 4 and Audi’s Digital Cockpit.
Here is a list of the all the winners at T3:
- Gadget of the Year (sponsored by EE): Sony PlayStation 4
- The Gaming Award (sponsored by PC Gamer): Sony PlayStation 4
- Phone of the Year: HTC One (M8)
- TV of the Year: Samsung HU8500
- Laptop or Tablet of the Year (sponsored by The Sun): Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Car of the Year: BMW i3
- Brand of the Year: Netflix
- Camera of the Year: GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition
- Fitness Wearable of the Year: Jawbone UP24
- The Design Innovation Award (sponsored by Huffington Post): Apple Mac Pro
- Headphones of the Year: Philips Fidelio S2
- The Sound Award: Denon Coccon Stream
- The Entertainment Award: Sky+ HD
- The TechLife Home Award: Philips Hue
- Tech Personality of the Year: Richard Ayoade
- T3 Tech Legend: Sir James Dyson
- T3 Hall of Fame: Sony PlayStation
As the British inventor and entrepreneur James Dyson was awarded with the honor of ‘Tech legend’ at the T3 awards, the man promised to focus with intensity of developing new technologies and exciting machines for the people.
[ Source ]