Home >> News >> Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sales: What do the analysts think?

Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sales: What do the analysts think?


With the closure of the week coming nearer, the buzz in the electronic media is about the number of units of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus that have been sold by Apple. Well, this is certainly of importance to Apple as a lot depends on the response that the product receive in the first week. We will rather have a clear idea about where the sales figures stand after the first week. Apple had launched two different models iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s in last year and Apple had sold more than 9 million units all together in the first week.apple-iphone-6-plus-watch

For you and me, 9 million must be a huge number and might seem quite an achievement. But according to some of the analysts, the figures and numbers are nothing. According to Ben Reitzes who works for Barclays, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have certainly shown promise and the sales have been good, but one should not bring up the hopes unless the sales figures crosses the 10 million mark. Probably for Mr. Reitzes, unless iPhone engulfs the market, credits will stay due.

<

On the other hand, some of the analysts are quite optimistic about the current form of the two iPhone devices in the market. The long queues outside the stores does show quite a bit of promise and one is expecting the sales to rise by at least a 30%. The analysts also believe that both the two different devices are giving quite a bit of a healthy competition to each other.

According to some of the figures put in by Maynard Um of Wells Fargo, approximately about 67% of the customers are more interested in buying an iPhone 6 Plus and the remaining 33% had their first choice as iPhone 6. Another figure states that approximately 33% of the customers were more interested in the 128 GB device irrespective of the model they bought.

The sales of iPhone devices is not completely dependent on the device itself. The carrier that it comes with also plays a major part. A rough estimate suggests that 39% customers are going for AT&T exclusive iPhone devices, 16% are going after Verizon, 10% are after T-Mobile and only 4% are using Sprint. Interestingly, this leaves behind approximately 31% of customers who aim to buy an unboxed iPhone device and use it with other international carriers.

The sales of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will also be under a slight scanner as Apple is delaying the launch of the products in China. Although China and Southeast Asia are one of the largest markets for Apple products, the black marketing also adds to the loss. Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have had responses from the analysts, but one will have to wait till the final sales figures are out.

Source ]


About Wayne Murphy

wmurphy@thenextdigit.com'
Writer and specialized in Mobile Phones (iOS, Android, BB etc), who was with the TND team since it's inception. Other than Blogging, he is also pursuing his graduation on Business Management at CA, California University. All posts by Wayne

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/nitin198/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273